The Race For Education is primarily funded by various parties related to or with an interest in the Thoroughbred racing industry, but also receives funding from private and public resources.
Funding for the program comes from a number of resources:
- Racehorse Nomination Program: Owners are invited to nominate their racehorses to The Race For Education, agreeing to donate 1% or more of the earnings to the program.
- Corporate Matching: Corporate sponsors match funds contributed by owners.
- Stallion Season Auction: To be held by Thoroughbred Charities of America.
- Grants and Donations: Assets for Independence
- Annual Race For Education 5K/10K: Takes place each year in memory of Karri Casner. The race is held in Midway, KY each October. For more info, please visit the RFE website.
Since its inception in 2002, The Race For Education has given out $3.5 million in scholarships and funding for other educational programs. This has been possible due to donations, both big and small, from supporters who understand the difference an education can make in a young person’s life.
When you donate to The Race For Education, one hundred percent of your contribution goes toward scholarships and other educational programs and is tax deductible. Contributing online is secure and confidential. Your personal information will not be given out.